Complete Registration Ready:
Every semester, all CSU students make sure that the information on their RAMweb account is current and accurate. Students will update their local addresses and other contact information.
Registering for Classes – New Pathway Students:
New Pathway students will register for classes during Pathway orientation, which takes place the week before classes begin. New students will be assigned a time to register for classes on their Orientation Schedule.
After new Pathway students finish registering, Pathway advisors or teachers will review their schedule to make sure it is complete. If there are any problems, or if students have questions, a Pathway advisor will help resolve them.
Registering for Classes – Current Pathway Students:
Current Pathway students should look for e-mail messages from the Pathway advisors during the term. The advisors will ask students to schedule appointments for advising and registration at the Welcome Desk.
All INTO CSU Pathway students register for courses through RamWeb. For more information about how to register for classes on RamWeb, please consult your Pathway advisor.
Registering for Academic English Classes:
Registration Holds on Your Account:
All incoming and current Pathway students have holds on their Ramweb accounts. A hold will prevent you from registering for classes until you meet with an advisor or take care of an important issue (such as paying money or providing documents).
How to find specific information about your holds:
- Log onto RAMweb
- On the Home page, under the Records section, click on Holds
- The Holds page will tell you what kinds of holds you have and who to contact about clearing them
Below is a list of common holds that you may see on your account. Every hold will have a phone number associated with it. When you call the phone number, you can ask why you have the hold and what you can do to clear it.
|Advising – INTO CSU||All new students have this advising hold. The advising hold will be lifted the day that you register for classes.
Current students also have this advising hold. Current students need to schedule an appointment with a Pathway advisor at the Welcome Desk if they want to register for a new class, change a class, drop a class, or withdraw from a class.
Important: The Advising hold stays on Pathway student account until they finish Pathway and progress to CSU.
|INTO Financial||The INTO Financial hold is placed on Pathway students who need to either pay a bill or get a refund. Students should contact the Welcome Desk and ask to talk to the INTO CSU financial coordinator for details. You cannot register for classes if you have a financial hold.|
|INTO Outstanding Condition||The INTO Outstanding Condition hold appears on Pathway students’ accounts when there is a condition that must be met prior to or during the Pathway program (such as complete a specific course).
For information about the specific requirement that must be met, make an appointment with a Pathway Advisor at the Welcome Desk.
|INTO Official Academic Documents||The INTO Official Academic Documents hold is placed for Pathway students who have not yet provided official and complete academic documents (transcripts and certificate showing completion of diploma) to the INTO CSU office.
Documents submitted to an agent are not sent to INTO CSU. Official documents must be submitted by the student to INTO CSU. Contact INTO CSU for details.
|INTO Official TOEFL||The INTO Official TOEFL hold is placed on accounts for Pathway students who have a sufficient TOEFL or IELTS score, but who have not yet sent the official score report to CSU. (The school code for CSU is 4075.) For more information, contact the INTO CSU Welcome Desk.|
Extra Tips on Getting Ready For Classes:
All Pathway students (new and current) should do the following BEFORE the first day of classes:
- Find the classroom; walk around the campus and find the classrooms using the campus map in your welcome packet
- Buy a notebook, paper, pens and pencils and bring them to class every day
- Check your Colorado State e-mail account for course invitations to Canvas
- Get plenty of sleep the night before the class starts
- Show up at least 5 minutes before class starts
- Talk to your Global Village mentor about any questions or concerns that you have – the mentors are there to help ALL students.
AFTER classes start, do the following:
- Buy your textbooks
- After every class session, make notes right away about things you did or did not understand
- Talk to your Global Village mentor about any questions or concerns that you have – the mentors are there to help ALL students
- Tell your EAP teacher about your other classes and the challenges you are finding – the EAP teachers want to know how you are doing
It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of assignments, due dates, exams and their grades.
Each course instructor will explain how they will post assignments for their class, how these assignments are to be submitted, and when exams will be given. Some instructors will:
- Review this information in class or give students handouts…so always come to class on time.
- Tell students to review the course syllabus…so read the syllabus at the beginning of the term and prepare questions for your instructor.
- Post assignments on Canvas…so check Canvas every day for updates.
- Some instructors may give pop quizzes…so do your homework.
Important Note: Some CSU courses schedule special times for exams for courses in large lecture halls. Check both your syllabus and your course schedule in RAMweb to identify these courses.