From INTO CSU classroom to boardroom

Leaving her home in Thailand to take a Pathway program at INTO Colorado State University (CSU) was never going to be easy, but turned out to be exactly the right decision for Poonyawee Krairawee.

“Colorado State University offered me the opportunity to make friends from different countries,” Poonyawee said. “The professors and staff are friendly, open, and approachable, which makes everything simple for international students like me.”

When she arrived, Poonyawee was pleasantly surprised by the University’s beautiful surroundings, its lively community, and the upbeat Colorado culture. “CSU is located in real nature, very near to the Rocky Mountains. Being so close to nature when going to class made it feel relaxing,” she said.

There were also plenty of chances to meet new people through CSU’s 500+ clubs and organizations. “CSU always arranges activities to help people feel connected. Students are never lonely at CSU.”

Soon after graduating from CSU in 2016 with a Masters in Management Practice, Poonyawee started work as an Inventory Control Specialist at Eastland Food Corporation in Maryland. One year later, she moved back to Thailand, where she joined Fintech (Thailand) Company Limited as Business Development Manager.

“Due to my company’s target market, I coordinate with foreign partners and clients, which means I need to be able to speak and write excellent English,” Poonyawee said. “The English and fundamental classes at INTO CSU greatly improved all aspects of my English skills, and helped prepare me for my current job. As a result, I am able to perform very well in my position.”

INTO CSU not only allowed Poonyawee the opportunity to explore and enjoy another culture, but extended her skills, thus improving her employability and ensuring her success.

“INTO CSU taught me so much more than just English; it showed me how to plan my future career path,” Poonyawee said. “The professors were very caring and attentive, and helped me to draw up a plan for after graduation in order to achieve my goals.”